West Side will follow many of the COVID-19 safety protocols we successfully implemented in the summer of 2020, while expanding our capacity and programming in line with Public Health Madison & Dane County public health orders.
In order to create a safe environment at the pool we will:
- Limit pool capacity to 50% (which is double the 25% capacity we had last year). Like last year, members will sign-up for spots each week, limited to one spot per day. Update: Beginning June 2, in accordance with Dane County’s lifting of COVID restrictions, the pool will have no more time or capacity limits. Members will, however, continue to use Sign-Up Genius so we can keep track of who’s at the pool on any given day. In the event of someone being infected with COVID, this will allow is to contact all members who were at the pool on the same day.
- Require masks/face coverings when entering and leaving the pool, and when going to the front desk, bathrooms and changing areas
- Ask that members maintain 6 feet of distance in the pool and on the deck unless around others from your family
- Regularly clean high-touch surface areas, e.g. picnic tables and bathrooms. (Bathrooms will continue to be cleaned regularly throughout the day as normal.)
The pool board will continue to adjust protocols during the summer as needed and in compliance with PHMDC public health orders.
We’re thrilled to be able to offer more summer programs this year than we could in 2020. Programs available this summer include:
- Swim and dive lessons (see link for details)
- Swim and dive team
- Water ballet and the water ballet show in mid-July
- Adult lap swim
- Water aerobics
Unlike the summer of 2020, members will have access to guest passes. (Members will need to sign-up guests for pool time blocks too.)
Unfortunately, we will once again not be offering the summer social events we all love, including the Fourth of July and end-of-year parties, Youth Nights, Adult Night, and the Ice Cream Social. Members will also not be able to host birthday and other parties at the pool this year.
Those who were members of West Side last summer in 2020 all know what a ray of sunshine the pool offered in a very uncertain year. The success of the pool last summer was in thanks to everyone following our safety protocols. With more capacity and more programming for the summer of 2021, we look forward to an even better summer ahead!
—West Side Swim Club Board of Directors